What you need to know
- Developer Blizzard has announced the balance changes that will be coming to Overwatch 2 when it’s released on October 4, 2022.
- Patch notes include nerfs for Junker Queen’s Commanding Shout, Orisa and Bastion survival nerfs, and many other small mods.
- Additionally, Blizzard is also adding a new damage passive role that allows damage heroes to gain 25 percent movement and increase their reload speed whenever they score an elimination.
- Ancient idle damage that allowed damage players to preserve up to 30% of the final charge when switching heroes was applied All Heroes, including tanks and support.
Overwatch 2 is set to release in just under two weeks on October 4, 2022, and ahead of the game’s full release, developer Blizzard Entertainment has announced all credit changes that will begin on release day. These include a variety of buffs and power-ups for specific heroes, as well as some broader changes that will affect a variety of characters.
The biggest change players can expect and when Monitor 2 The direct transition is that the negative role of damage heroes that allowed players to transfer 30% of the final charge when the character switch is applied to all heroes, including tank and support characters. Damage Heroes now have a new idle item that gives them 25 percent faster movement and reload speed whenever they score an elimination target. This power-up will last for 2.5 seconds, and while players won’t be able to stack it, they do will Being able to update and extend it by having additional deletes.
Blizzard also mods the temporary health (green bars of HP) provided by certain abilities and Ultimates to grant a 50% reduced Ultimate charge instead of zero Ultimate charge when they are dealt damage by enemy players. This will make opponents with health damage more rewarding, while maintaining the usefulness of Overhealth as an effective tool to counter competing abilities and objectives.
many hero changes It’s also made, with the power downs for Junker Queen and Buffs for Orisa and Bastion standing out as the most important mods. Junker Queen’s Commanding Shout ability had her health bonus lowered from 100 to 50, although Overhealth would no longer degrade over the duration of the ability. Its duration is also reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds, and its cooldown is increased from 11 to 15 seconds as well.
Meanwhile, Orissa is getting each of her base health and her armor’s health has been increased from 250 to 275, and Energy Javelin’s cooldown has been reduced from 8 to 6 seconds. Bastion’s idle Ironclad has been re-added which provides the hero with 20 percent damage reduction during transformation, making Bastion more flexible while in attack or artillery forms. For a full overview of each change, don’t miss our full list of Overwatch 2 launch day notes below. Also, check out the full Blog post for more details.
Overwatch 2 Day 1 patch notes
- Temporary Health now grants a 50% reduced final fee instead of no final fee
- Damage Role Negative Effect – New Idle: Eliminations give a 25% increase in reload and movement speed for 2.5 seconds. Don’t stack with itself but duration will update
- All Heroes now refund up to 30% of Absolute Power on Hero Swap
- shout leadership
- Allied health bonus reduced from 100 to 50 HP
- Allied duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Temporary health no longer degrades during its duration
- Cooldown increased from 11 to 15 seconds
- Base health increased from 250 to 275
- Base armor increased from 250 to 275
- Spear energy deceleration reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
- Boosts effect damage increased from 10 to 25
- Small rocket deceleration time reduced from 8 to 7 seconds
- Reduce the final cost of Call Mech by 12%
- Inspiration time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Biotic Launcher initial fire damage increased from 24 to 25
- Biotic Launcher’s minimum core fall range has increased from 20 to 25 meters
- Pressing crouch during Guardian Angel will start you straight
- Angel descent can now be activated by holding the bow while in flight
- The idle Ironclad is enabled again (20% damage reduction during transformation)
- Hellfire spread reduced from 8 to 7 degrees
- Machine gun energy gain from non-player targets (barriers, turrets, etc.) has been reduced by an additional 50%
- Breach lock time increased from 1 to 1.75 seconds