If you’ve spent time on YouTube, you’ve probably browsed popular videos at least once. Whether you’re bombarded with one of a million Minecraft videos or hit by the hot clips of an “influencer” topping broccoli release shortsYou may have said to yourself, “I can make a better video than this.” Let’s say you take the next step and record a video (maybe with a file Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra). How do you upload it to YouTube?
How to upload a video to YouTube
Fortunately, downloading is much easier than Youtube video download. However, you will need a YouTube account. If you are Set up your Google account for GmailYou have a YouTube account. And if you have an Android phone, you likely have a Google account.
How to upload a YouTube video from your Mac or PC
- tap on camera in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose upload video from the dropdown menu.
- Either drag and drop the video onto the new popup or click Choose files To select a file on your computer.
- Enter a title for your video in details Window.
- Scroll down and select if your video is made for kids.
- click next one.
- If you want to add elements to your video, do so on this screen, then tap next one.
- YouTube checks for copyright issues and service guidelines. If it finds anything, it will let you know on this screen. click next one.
- Decide how visible you want the video to be to the audience, then select Memorizes.
How to upload a video using the YouTube Mobile app for Android or iOS
- Click on + bottom of the screen.
- Choose download the video from the popup menu.
- touch allow pass Allows YouTube to access the files on your phone.
- Faucet Allow in the popup menu.
- Decide how much access to your devices you want to give YouTube.
- Click on the video you want to download.
- The video preview starts playing. If you want to shorten it to Short, you can do so here. touch next one.
- Enter a title for your video, then tap next one.
- Decide if your video is for kids or not, then tap upload video.
How to watch your videos posted on YouTube
If you want to see your video right away, go to your channel. On desktop, you are automatically redirected to your channel page after uploading your video. On mobile, you will find a link to your video in a popup after uploading a video. However, you can go to your channel using one of the following two methods:
- Tap on your profile icon, then select your mask.
- Faucet Library in the lower right corner, then select Your videos.
Describe your video to your audience
If your goal is to stand out against the sea of YouTube videos, your video needs a title and description. The title is one of the most important parts of the video. It and the thumbnail are the main drivers of views. In the main feed and subscription feed, all you see about a video is the title and thumbnail. So, if your title is bad and your thumbnail is spam, no one will see your video, no matter how high quality it is.
The description field is where you can let your internal SEO guru shine. On the social media side of things, the description helps YouTube categorize your video according to its algorithm, and put it in the feeds of the people who are most likely to watch it. As for the search engine, it’s what helps people find your video, so make sure you’re using good keywords.
After uploading more videos, organize them into playlists. When you upload videos in the future, you can put them in one of your playlists before they go online.
If your content is aimed at children, you need to mark it as such. This limits YouTube’s data collection and ability to serve personalized ads. It also limits potential ad revenue if your channel is monetized. If you want to dig into the details, YouTube has a file The page that covers the most questions. Optionally, you can also set your video to be visible only to viewers over the age of 18, although the default is to make it visible to all users.
Below are several optional settings. It’s mostly self-explanatory, but a few can help your video stand out in front of more eyes. Setting the language helps YouTube reach the right audience. The category setting on the algorithm makes it easy to place the video in a broad category, making it easier to reach the right viewers.
From the Video Elements screen, you can add a subtitle file. YouTube does a good job, but you may want to add your own. If your video is longer than 25 seconds, add an end screen to your video where you can link to other channels, videos, or playlists. If you want to link to this type of content in the middle of a video, do so with cards. You can have up to five cards in your video.
Find your way to stardom on YouTube
It’s hard to create a successful YouTube video. on top of making and Edit videos on your phone Or the computer, there’s this annoying business of finding an audience. Writing a short, catchy description can help you attract new viewers to your channel, and it will help YouTube determine the best ways to increase the visibility of your masterpiece. You’ll also want to learn some basic design skills, so you can create your own tons of assets and thumbnails and after all that, you should be lucky to stand out in front of 500 hours of content uploaded every minute.