This story is part ofCNET’s collection of news, tips, and advice on Apple’s most popular products.
Although Apple only released Developer Program.– Latest update for Operating System – Nine days ago, the company has already released two beta versions of iOS 16.1 for registered users of the operating system
iOS 16.1 beta 1 brings developer tools newAnd a clean power charging feature. The second beta adds fixes for pairing And copy and paste, but the most important news is a completely new look for the re-introduced battery percentage icon.
face withApple has waived some of its users’ demands. With the new beta, the battery gauge icon in iOS 16 is now depleted as the battery percentage is added as the battery level gets low. In the current stable version of iOS 16, the battery icon with the added percentage full will show up to 20 percent and turn red.
Even if you really want the new battery percentage design, should you download and install iOS 16.1 beta 2? And how do you do that?
Although it is easy to download and install iOS 16.1, beta versions for developersEspecially because it may contain incomplete features and issues that may make using iPhone difficult. Some iPhone apps may not fully work with iOS 16.1 yet. These early betas are for developers, to help them update their apps while providing early access to the latest features.
In short,on your primary iPhone. If you really want to get iOS 16.1 early, try to find a new enough backup iPhone ( ) to work with iOS 16.1 instead. For those who still want to dive in, we’ll show you how to install the iOS 16.1 developer version, as well as what to do in case you want to go back to a stable version of iOS 16.
If you want to know more about iOS 16, check out all the new features you should know, including someand others .
What to know before downloading iOS 16.1 developer beta
Since the iOS 16.1 developer beta is an early beta, the software may have bugs and other issues.
second, If you are considering downloading iOS 16.1, do it on a backup or secondary phone, if available. iOS 16.1 developer beta issues can cripple your iPhone and make it difficult to use, disable phone calls or text messages, or make them extremely slow. However, if only your phone or tablet is available, Be sure toOn iOS 16 before updating to iOS 16.1. This way you have the option to go back to iOS 16 if there are a lot of issues with the new OS.
Also, you must have a file iPhone 8 or later running iOS 16.1. iOS 16 and its updates are not supported on iPhone SE (2016), iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus and earlier.
To download iOS 16.1 Developer Beta 2, you must be enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, which costs $99 per year. If you don’t want the latest developer beta, you can join Apple Beta Software And download the public beta for free (currently iOS 16, but soon to be iOS 16.1).
How to enroll in the Apple Developer Program
The first step to getting iOS 16.1 Developer Beta 2 on your iPhone or iPad is to sign up for the Apple Developer Program if you’re not already a member. If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, here’s how to sign up:
1. Download Apple Developer app from the App Store.
2. Run the app, go to the account and press Register now.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
4. Read the various benefits and instructions, enter your personal information and scan your ID to verify your identity.
5. Once you provide this information, you must choose your own entity (an individual for most people) and agree to the software license agreement.
6. Finally, pay the Apple Developer Membership Fee (with Apple Pay), which is $99 (about £80 or AU$140) per year.
After the payment is made successfully, you will be redirected to your account page in the Apple Developer app. Here you can check that you are registered now, and you can also check the expiration date of your membership next year.
Install iOS 16.1 beta 2 update remotely on your iPhone
The easiest way to download iOS 16.1 Developer Beta 2 is by updating over the air – the way you update to any other new software version on your device. Here’s how:
1. On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Apple Developer Program download pageFaucet Install profile For iOS 16.1 beta 2 and hit Allow.
2. Next, open the Settings app, and tap Profile uploaded and hit Installations in the upper right when it appears. Enter your passcode if prompted and tap Installations two more times. Your phone will need to restart.
3. Once your phone is back up, plug it into power, make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi and go to Settings > general > system update. If you don’t see an update available right away, wait a few minutes and check again.
4. Finally, hit Download and install > Installations And enter your passcode to update your device.
After your phone finishes restarting, you should have access to the latest beta 2 version of iOS 16.1.
Download the iOS 16.1 developer beta using your Mac
Over-the-air updates require a certain amount of storage, and if you don’t have that available, using your computer is really the only way to update to iOS 16.1 beta 2 without freeing up space manually.
1. On your Mac, go to the Apple Developer Program download pageFind iOS 16.1 beta 2 and tap Download Photo Recovery.
2. Download the iOS beta software recovery image for your selected device.
3. Next, connect your device to your computer and enter your device passcode or press Trust this computer If you are asked to.
4. Open Finder and click your device in the sidebar at the bottom Locations.
5. Generally, next to the software, you will see the latest software that your device is running.
6. Press and hold Cucumber key, click check for Modernization And choose the iOS 16.1 beta 2 software to recover the photo you just downloaded from the Apple developer page.
iOS 16 beta 2 will be installed on your device. Wait a few minutes and when your phone restarts, you should have access to the latest iOS 16.1.
If you just want to run the normal iOS 16,. and then, With the new iPhone operating system.