Splatoon 3 It gets its first official patch update exactly a week after its release, and Nintendo will focus more on addressing some of the performance issues.
Aside from various bug fixes, the developers will also be looking to make changes to Splatfests and adjust the rate at which Tricolor Battle occurs. From now on, for the defending teams, it will run a little less.
Splatoon 3’s multiplayer mode has received a slew of bug fixes, while some improvements have arrived in the story mode and player controls.
Splatoon 3 fans looking for a detailed description of the patch can search the official Nintendo website.
However, to get a brief overview of Splatoon 3 Version 1.1.1, here are all the main features.
Splatoon 3 Update Version 1.1.1 Patch Notes
Changes in Splatfests
- The occurrence rate of the Three Colors Battle has been adjusted. From the point of view of the defending team, they will launch somewhat less frequently than before.
Changes to player controls
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to jump further than usual with the Squid Roll by making a certain entry while charging the Squid Surge.
- Fixed issues when playing for a long time without closing the program, such as not firing shots from the player’s main weapon correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a player could move across the surface of the water or stand on the water when moving quickly. For example, when performing a Dodge Roll with Splat Dualies.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue with high frequency connection errors at the end of battles due to the communication environment.
- Fixed an issue in Bloblobber where collision detection for the 3rd and 4th points of a single ball would be too small.
- Fixed an issue where Money and EXP were not awarded in certain circumstances when the battle ended early due to a lack of players.
- Fixed an issue where a player could not, in certain modes, cancel matchmaking when not enough other players were collected. Players will now be automatically canceled after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Fixed an issue in the Sturgeon Shipyard where it was possible to enter the aft side of some drawbridges.
Changes to salmon run
- Fixed an issue where high frequency communication errors occurred at the end of missions due to the communication environment.
- Fixed an issue with Mudmouth Eruption events in which Mudmouths moved in unintended ways.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players with identical titles to be considered ‘ranking supporters’ and not earn rank points.
- Fixed an issue where constantly damaging Maws submerged with certain special weapons would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue where players became trapped within the terrain of the stage.
- Fixed an issue where, at the end of the battle, the amount of Grizzco Points earned would be shown as less than the amount actually added for saving data, causing situations where the player would not be able to collect the rewards.
- Fixed an issue where messages could change at the start of wave 3 depending on whether or not King Salmonid appeared.
Story Mode Changes
- Fixed an issue where, after clearing the final stage, a connection error would occur in the middle of a certain scene and bring the player back to the square.
- Post-definition scenes can be viewed by scanning the final stage again.
- In cases where this error occurs, the final stage is treated as cleared, and the stage can be skipped from the pause menu on retry.
- Fixed an issue when starting the game for the first time where the game could crash and not progress from the black screen after the screen where yellow and blue ink would mix together.
- Fixed an issue when downloading Battle Replay which sometimes caused the game to not progress.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when updating the table while trying to join a friend.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash while the player was visiting a store.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error could occur while a player was exchanging gear in a shop.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurred when purchasing a weapon. The player then appears to have obtained the weapon despite not being able to purchase it, which may cause a connection error if the player attempts to join a battle.
Nintendo stated that the next patch from Splatoon 3 will focus on “balance adjustments and other issues outside the scope of the current patch.” The developer added that it will continue to “monitor and analyze” combat data and make modifications to Splatoon 3 “in the middle of the current season”.
Splatoon 3 Now available for download on Nintendo Switch.