Meet Overwatch’s newest hero, Kiriko. Yes, the rumored fox spirit girl is real, and we’re just a few weeks away from trying it out. Returning Overwatch players will unlock Kiriko (plus new heroes Sojourn and Junker Queen) instantly, while new players can unlock it by. Kiriko is the game’s first new support hero since Baptiste launched in March 2019, and I can’t wait to test it out in-game.
Looking for flag drops? Kiriko has close ties to the death match map Kanezaka and the heroes Genji and Hanzo. Kiriko’s mother – a master ninja – trains both Genji and Hanzo, with young Kiriko training by their side. Kiriko now combines her ninja training with the protective and healing abilities she learned from her grandmother.
Kiriko almost seems to have been designed in a lab to attract players. Do you like support play? Here you are. Do you like ninja? ta da. foxes? Your final one is the fox. And frankly, this lab formula works.
Here’s what you need to know about your new Overwatch major (just don’t tell the Junker Queen).
What is the release date of Kiriko?
Kiriko will be available in the Battle Pass for the first season of Overwatch 2, starting October 4, when Blizzard launches the free-to-play game. She’s the first new support heroine in years, but she’s also the first ever Overwatch hero to unlock. Players can unlock Kiriko at level 55 of the free Battle Pass, but anyone with a Premium Battle Pass (included in the payment) Watchpoint . package) will open instant access.
Returning players will also get instant access by claiming for free Founder’s PackHowever, new champions will not be available to play in competitive modes for several weeks at the start of the season. Exact competitive availability has not yet been announced.
What are Kiriko’s abilities?
Based on Video Update DeveloperKiriko, a high-action heroine, seems to reward precise aim and timing.
- Primary fire: Kiriko sends a slow-moving guided missile that passes through walls and treats the target over time (must have a field of view to send the projectile).
- Secondary Fire: Throws Kiriko kunai with moderate base damage and high critical mod. (Training bots die up to two head injuries in the detection video.)
- Quick Move: Kiriko targets an ally and teleports toward its location, even passing through walls.
- Suzu Protection: Kiriko protects her team by making them immune to damage for a brief period.
- Wall Climbing: Kiriko can climb walls, just like Genji and Hanzo.
- Ultimate Ability: Kiriko summons a fox spirit that lights the way for her team, giving them increased movement speed, attack speed, and reload speed as well as reduced cooldown.
On paper, Kiriko looks very powerful. In her right hands, she seems capable of doing major damage and changing the rules of the game with her immunity mechanic. As usual, exact interactions and healing/damage numbers are subject to change by editing and thereafter.
Kiriko seems to have a fun and dynamic personality, and it’s almost enough to erase the pain of three or more years without new supporting heroes.
To learn more about Overwatch 2, check out our siteAnd the .