Humble Games and Bounding Box Software have announced that old-school, blood-pumping shooter Prodeus will be leaving Early Access next week. And the Coming to Switch.
On September 23, you will be able to load up your weapons and clothing in this amazing retro style shooter, which combines cool pixel art, retro rendering, and modern 3D technology. Created by Michael Voeller and Jason Mojica, who have 25 years of experience in the FPS genre, and with music from Andrew Hulsh (composer on Eternal Death: Ancient GodsAnd the duskAnd the in the midst of evil), this sounds like the highly anticipated shooter we’ve been waiting for.
Prodeus has been in Early Access for nearly two years and at that time, the game has been very well received by fans. And while the console versions won’t be able to create their own levels, they’ll still be able to play the game in four-player co-op mode or dive into 16-player deathmatches.
Here’s what you need to know about the game from publisher Humble Games:
traitor is an ancient first-person shooter, reimagined using modern rendering techniques and techniques. Experience the quality you’d expect from a modern AAA game, designed with retro aesthetics and gameplay that calls out the limits that technology imposes on older hardware.
The game features a handcrafted campaign by FPS industry veterans, cooperative and competitive multiplayer gameplay based on classic modes, a fully integrated level editor* and a built-in community map browser for instant action with virtually limitless levels to play.
Get ready to paint the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you have been waiting for.
1. Retro look, modern age – Shooting games of the past and present collide with the graphics that combine high-quality 3D technology with retro visuals. Experience ultra-high resolution pixel explosions and high-tech particle effects as you clash with the elements and the forces of chaos.
2. RETRO FPS Mayhem Prepare yourself for fast, frantic, non-stop action. Blast and blast your way through hordes of creatures wreaking havoc using an arsenal of classic weapons.
3. It’s raining red – Sprinkle the steel walls and space halls with the blood of your enemies. Experience the bloody thrill of older shooters, dialed up to 11 thanks to Prodeus’ amazing chopping system.
4. Societal levels – Unleash your inner map designer with the powerful but easy-to-use Prodeus level editor*, and keep the in-fighting fresh with a built-in browser filled with community-created maps.
5. MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM – Team up and compete in a variety of multiplayer modes. Campaign in 4-player co-op, immerse yourself in battle with 16 players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF and more – then take things to the next level by creating and sharing custom game modes.
6. Eat the music – Burst your blood vessels listening to a supercharged metallic soundtrack by old FPS composer Andrew Holshult (DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Dusk, Amid Evil) that dynamically shifts gears to accompany your actions.
* Available in PC version only
Just wait a week to get Prodeus, the game launches September 23 on Switch, PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One and Series X | S and PC. And you’ll be in Game Pass on launch day too!
What do you think of Prodeus’ look? Are you going to grab this next week? Let’s know!